Owning a home in Colorado comes with a whole new set of responsibilities to tackle. It’s important to make sure your home looks great and that it’s protected with affordable and comprehensive coverage from your independent insurance agents at Colling Insurance Services, Inc. Keep your home looking its best with the help of these simple and easy home cleaning hacks.
Top 5 Cleaning Hacks for the Savvy Homeowner
1. Use lemons and Kosher salt to clean your cutting boards and stop leaving potentially harsh chemicals behind. Lay down a layer of Kosher salt, cut a lemon in half, and brush the lemon cut side down along the salt. After a few minutes of vigorous rubbing simply rinse the cutting board with water and leave to air dry.
2. Old pillow cases are prefect for cleaning ceiling fan blades quickly. Simply hook an old pillow case over one blade at a time and carefully wipe backwards. As you pull it back towards you the fabric will wipe away any dust and safely store it inside the pocket.
3. A squeegee works wonders to remove pet hair from carpets, unlike a regular vacuum. All you need to do is brush it along the carpet with a firm grip and watch the hair pile up neatly.
4. Regular white chalk is great for eliminating grease stains on clothing, walls, and furniture. Cover the greasy area with a bit of chalk and let it sit for a few minutes before wiping it away with a damp cloth and you’ll be amazed at the results.
5. Your average lint roller can do much more than freshen your clothes before you leave the house. Use them to quickly clean hair, dander, and other debris off lamp shades and other smaller items around the house.
Make sure that your home and its content are protected with a Colorado homeowners’ insurance policy. Call us today to find out more information!