Driving in the Lakewood, CO area can be tricky at times, and it does not matter if you’re driving with passengers or alone, safe driving should always be on your mind. In today’s world, there are more distractions when driving than ever before, so it’s critical to be aware of the top driving tips to avoid accidents.
- Keep your focus on driving at all times and do not be tempted into multi-tasking. If you need to use your cell phone or other electronic devise, take a minute to pull over.
- Resist the temptation to speed because the faster you’re diving, the less reaction time you have and the increased chance of having a more severe accident.
- Drive defensively by keeping your eye on what other drivers are doing and assume other drivers will do something unpredictable. It helps you be prepared to avoid the situation.
- Keep some space between you and the care in front of you. A 2-second cushion if the weather is nice and at least 4-seconds if you’re in bad weather.
- Plan ahead for heavy traffic and stops for gas, food, and calls, texts, or emails so you’re not rushing to your destination. Take a few minutes to eat or manage business before getting back on the road.
- Move items you need within easy reach and don’t attempt to retrieve items on the floor.
- Avoid taking medication that may make you drowsy and pull over if you are extra tired.
- Make sure everyone stays buckled up in a safety belt.
- Be on the lookout for animals on the road.
Colling Insurance Services, Inc.
Colling Insurance Services, Inc. provides auto insurance to those in the Lakewood, CO area. Our mission is to provide the auto insurance you need with honesty and integrity.