Monthly Archives: August 2016

What is Boat Insurance?

Boat insurance is an investment that gives you coverage if anything were to happen to your boat. It usually involves vessels that have motors, such as yachts, fishing boats, or speedboats. Kayaks, catamarans, and other personal watercrafts are not normally covered.

Homeowner’s Policy and Boat Coverage

Homeowner’s policies provide limited coverage for your water vehicle. If you think you are completely covered under your homeowner’s insurance, you are probably underinsured. Having boat insurance will give you security whether you are docked or at shore. In addition, the dock or marina where your boat is kept may require you to carry additional boat insurance.

Items That May Be Covered

There are a few things to consider before purchasing boat insurance. Knowing what kind of coverage you will need may make a difference in the type of policy you choose. Depending on the type of water vessel you own, you may need:

  • Property Damage Liability – is available if you cause damage to another boater’s vessel or other property.
  • Collision – is used if there is damage to your boat. You may receive actual cash value or replacement value of your boat depending on your policy.
  • Comprehensive Coverage – is for those who are at risk of having their property vandalized or stolen.
  • Bodily Injury Liability – can offer relief if another person is injured as a result of your negligence while on your boat.
  • Optional Plans – can cover salvage removal, towing, medical payments, wear and tear, roadside assistance, and damage caused by a boater that is uninsured.

Colling Insurance Services Inc. maintains independent insurance agents in Lakewood, Colorado who understand the importance of having boat insurance. These agents are also available to research options for you if you are thinking about starting a new plan or making changes to your current policy.

Does My Small Business Require Commercial Insurance?

“I have a small business, basically I work from home, make just enough to pay the bills and have a little left over. Do I need a commercial insurance policy?”

“I have a property that I own. I have five employees including myself and a small cargo van we use for deliveries. Do I need to purchase commercial insurance to protect my business and my personal wealth?”

In either of the above scenarios if you were to ask one of the talented insurance agents at Colling Insurance Services Inc. the answer will be a resounding “Yes!”

You can never be too careful in protecting your assets and your financial stability.  As a small business owner you are liable for your employees welfare while on the property and when travelling for the purposes of the benefit of the company. With all that liability you would do well to be covered in the event of an unfortunate incident.

Colling Insurance Services Inc. has expertise in the area of commercial insurance and would be able to serve you and your commercial insurance needs. Commercial insurance encompasses different facets.

  • Business auto insurance which would cover your employees and your business vehicles in the event of an accident adequately.
  • Serving the state of Colorado, Colling Insurance Services Inc. will assess your companies need for Colorado Liability Insurance Plans which covers against damages that occur on your property or if medical bills need to be paid. It is that added extra insurance for the extenuating liability that may occur when you own a business and something goes wrong.
  • Property Insurance may also be conducive for your business protection needs. This insurance covers problematic issues that may arise concerning an employee, consumer or client while on your business property.