Monthly Archives: December 2019

Do You Need Toy Insurance?

If you own “grownup” toys like snowmobiles, ATVs, watercraft vehicles and others, you’d do well to consider toy insurance to protect your valuable investment. Toy insurance from Colling Insurance Services Inc. in Lakewood, CO can protect your pricey toy from theft, accidental damage or total loss in a serious accident or disaster. What kind of protection can you obtain for your recreational toy?

Liability: If you cause an accident that hurts other drivers or damages other people’s vehicles while riding your recreational toy, liability insurance can help pay for damages. Liability will also protect you if the injured party sues for damages.

Collision: Collision coverage covers repairs to your toy if you crash into the side of a mountain, hit a tree or collide with another vehicle during your joy rides. With toys, there’s always the risk of accidents. Better to be safe with adequate coverage than being found lacking and have to pay for costly repairs out-of-pocket.

Comprehensive: Comprehensive insurance compensates you if your toy is stolen, vandalized or damaged by fire or inclement weather. It also covers damage to your ATV if you accidentally strike an animal.  

Uninsured/underinsured Motorist: If a situation arises where your ATV is hit by another driver who has insufficient or no insurance coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance will help for your damages.

Although ATV insurance isn’t mandatory in Colorado, consider what you stand to lose without it. Recreational toys like ATVs pose a high risk of accidents. Lack of coverage puts you at risk of financial loss whether you’re responsible for or the victim of a serious accident. Protecting your toys with toy insurance keeps you and your toys safe from the worst of circumstances.

For customized toy insurance coverage at affordable costs, contact Colling Insurance Services Inc. in Lakewood, CO today.

Why do you need RV insurance?

Your hard work is evidenced through the possessions you have managed to accumulate over the years. One big investment that proves beneficial for you and the family is your RV. What would happen, though, if the motor home that you worked hard to acquire in Lakewood, CO was involved in an auto accident or completely destroyed by other means? These possibilities and more are why you need an RV indemnity plan offered by Colling Insurance Services Inc. 

What is RV insurance?

RV insurance is similar to traditional car insurance. The central difference between the two indemnity policies, however, is the type of assets they protect. Traditional car insurance is designed to protect owners who drive motor vehicles on the highways and in the city. RV insurance, on the other hand, is meant to protect motor homeowners who may cross state lines during family road trips.

Is RV insurance required?

Contrary to what some may believe, RV insurance is required if you drive your vessel in Lakewood, CO. The state of Colorado requires all drivers to show proof of liability insurance that includes at least $25,000 worth of coverage for bodily injury per person, or $50,000 per accident, along with $15,000 for property damage. You may consider purchasing more than the minimum if you operate an RV. 

How much RV insurance do you need?

The amount of RV insurance you need heavily depends on your lifestyle. Those who do not drive their vessels often may find less coverage more ideal. Meanwhile, families who travel several times throughout the year may need more RV coverage. 

It is best to contact an agent at Colling Insurance Services Inc. if you have questions about RV insurance. Call today to get started with a quote!