Why do you need RV insurance?

Your hard work is evidenced through the possessions you have managed to accumulate over the years. One big investment that proves beneficial for you and the family is your RV. What would happen, though, if the motor home that you worked hard to acquire in Lakewood, CO was involved in an auto accident or completely destroyed by other means? These possibilities and more are why you need an RV indemnity plan offered by Colling Insurance Services Inc. 

What is RV insurance?

RV insurance is similar to traditional car insurance. The central difference between the two indemnity policies, however, is the type of assets they protect. Traditional car insurance is designed to protect owners who drive motor vehicles on the highways and in the city. RV insurance, on the other hand, is meant to protect motor homeowners who may cross state lines during family road trips.

Is RV insurance required?

Contrary to what some may believe, RV insurance is required if you drive your vessel in Lakewood, CO. The state of Colorado requires all drivers to show proof of liability insurance that includes at least $25,000 worth of coverage for bodily injury per person, or $50,000 per accident, along with $15,000 for property damage. You may consider purchasing more than the minimum if you operate an RV. 

How much RV insurance do you need?

The amount of RV insurance you need heavily depends on your lifestyle. Those who do not drive their vessels often may find less coverage more ideal. Meanwhile, families who travel several times throughout the year may need more RV coverage. 

It is best to contact an agent at Colling Insurance Services Inc. if you have questions about RV insurance. Call today to get started with a quote!