Do You Need Toy Insurance?

If you own “grownup” toys like snowmobiles, ATVs, watercraft vehicles and others, you’d do well to consider toy insurance to protect your valuable investment. Toy insurance from Colling Insurance Services Inc. in Lakewood, CO can protect your pricey toy from theft, accidental damage or total loss in a serious accident or disaster. What kind of protection can you obtain for your recreational toy?

Liability: If you cause an accident that hurts other drivers or damages other people’s vehicles while riding your recreational toy, liability insurance can help pay for damages. Liability will also protect you if the injured party sues for damages.

Collision: Collision coverage covers repairs to your toy if you crash into the side of a mountain, hit a tree or collide with another vehicle during your joy rides. With toys, there’s always the risk of accidents. Better to be safe with adequate coverage than being found lacking and have to pay for costly repairs out-of-pocket.

Comprehensive: Comprehensive insurance compensates you if your toy is stolen, vandalized or damaged by fire or inclement weather. It also covers damage to your ATV if you accidentally strike an animal.  

Uninsured/underinsured Motorist: If a situation arises where your ATV is hit by another driver who has insufficient or no insurance coverage, uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance will help for your damages.

Although ATV insurance isn’t mandatory in Colorado, consider what you stand to lose without it. Recreational toys like ATVs pose a high risk of accidents. Lack of coverage puts you at risk of financial loss whether you’re responsible for or the victim of a serious accident. Protecting your toys with toy insurance keeps you and your toys safe from the worst of circumstances.

For customized toy insurance coverage at affordable costs, contact Colling Insurance Services Inc. in Lakewood, CO today.